Sunday, November 14, 2010

Learning to make peace with my body...

So, as the title of this blog says, I'm in the stage of learning to make peace with my body.  Now, I know I should have done this before now, but, believe me, it's easier said than done.  There are many aspects to doing this and I'm seeing that it is not going to be an overnight process.  However, I WILL succeed in learning to love and respect MYSELF.  Today we'll work on Step 1.

Step 1:  I need to stop comparing myself to everyone because it hinders my own success.  This is going to be the hardest step of all for me because I've always BEEN COMPARED to others, even against my will, so it has become force of habit just to do it myself.  I am always worried that I don't look as good as her or her or her...   I know I should just let it roll off my back like water off a duck and it will make for a much happier and healthier future for myself.  It would greatly aid in putting my eating disorders back into remission.  It would just make life all around better for me ~ I know this, but making it happen is the hardest part.  This is why I go to counseling, but I do wonder when he's going to actually HELP me at all.  I think my books and articles are doing more than he is at this point *sigh... 

Back to comparing myself, I think in the world of bariatrics, you see even more comparison than most, sadly.  It shouldn't be like that, but it's a world of weight loss and you seem to always want to be the person who "did the best".  Actually, we all did the best just by saving our lives.  That's the mindset that we should all take and the world would be a happier place.  I'm working on doing my part to not think like that anymore.

More on this long process in my new installment ~ Hope y'all are all still hanging on!

8 comments:


  1. The world is yours, but we are, but in the end it is yours. You young people, full of vigour and vitality, are in a period of prosperity, like eight in the morning, at nine o'clock the sun, hope is placed on you.
    ____________________________
    I like: Cheap Runescape Gold and Cheap Runescape Gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my beautifully chaotic life... i saw your blog just have only few posts on it... be increase them because its better for you to get rank it on google... I have a website name positive quotes. its relate to quotes and have many other quotation... visit on it and you will get difference in this website.. because i have publish numbers of posts on it... and all are related to topic... however, nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Проститутки Днепропетровска с анальным сексом. Развлечение индивидуалок в машине- минет клиенту.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ankara merkezli sanal gerçeklik oyun merkezi kurulum hizmetleri
    VR CAFE Türkiye'de hizmet ve faaliyetlerini sürdürmektedir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too. For more information visit k2 spice

    ReplyDelete